Re: low res video mode

Ajax, to confirm your suspicion that I was not seeing the failure of high res video modes by lack of detection of the attached monitor: I have switched to the HD which has FC5, and when I check /etc/X11/xorg.conf, there is a "Monitor" section and it does have
  HorizSync    and
  VertRefresh
params and that was probably saving the situation for my host configuration.

Thanks for the effort.

--
Glenn Simpson VE3DSP
Hamilton, Ont