Re: rawhide report: 20061030 changes

David D. Hagood wrote:

I'm not so sure - I still am getting a failure to start Xorg - the failure is a segfault in _dl_relocate_object in /lib/ld-linux.so.2, and this is after updating.

Further investigation revealed that the xorg-x11-server-xorg package in Rawhide is busted - reverting to the FC6 version fixed the problem.

What is busted with xorg in rawhide? I have X and things worked fine for me.
Anyway, glad that reverting xorg prevented the error that you were getting.

The error that you mentioned earlier is provided by glibc.

 rpm -q --whatprovides /lib/ld-linux.so.2
glibc-2.5-3

The wonders of rawhide.
Jim

--
What you don't know can hurt you, only you won't know it.