Install Report 2006-09-01: FTP & HTTP failures

Thanks to Jess Keating for the information abut NFS failures.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to make FTP or HTTP installs work on my machines.
(I suspect a marginal memory stick in the server.)  The FTP and HTTP downloads
fail and there is no time-out detection in anaconda or the get URL process to
retry when they do fail.

I'll try memory testing again on the server, but memtest86+ doesn't seem to catch
the problem.  Running SETI Home or other math processes can lock the machine up
quite reliably.  I just hate marginally operative hardware!

Even if it is a problem with my server, I think anaconda should attempt to detect
time-outs and retry.

--Wolfe