GTK/Metacity window selection problem with Sylpheed

I'm using Sylpheed 2.2.7 (in the latest devel) which I compiled a couple
of weeks ago (Extras only recently added it).  Whenever I go to a new
window (either first compose window in a folder or a new summaryview
after changing to a folder), mouse clicking it will bring the window
forward but it won't be active (no matter how many times I click the
window).  The window will only accept input after I click the window edge
(I'm currently only sure of the top edge (blue bar) at the moment).

Is this a new feature in Metacity or a bug?

metacity-2.15.34-1.fc6
gtk2-2.10.2-6.fc6

	-Paul