Re: Removing unwanted xorg-x11-drv packages

On 9/5/06, Steven Haigh <netwiz crc id au> wrote:
Just playing with a new system install from FC5 (currently updating
to rawhide), and I noticed there's a lot of xorg-x11-drivers that I
don't require... is there a way to remove these? as if I just try,
say, "rpm -e xorg-x11-drv-vmware" then it says that it can't be
removed because it's required by xorg-x11-drivers.

The first thing I thought of was to try --force, but then I
remembered that --force only works for install and upgrades of packages.

Is this possible in FC?

I don't think it is a good idea, distribution-wise. If you ever upgade
your graphic card, you will get a non-working system.