Re: Removing unwanted xorg-x11-drv packages

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 09:02, Pasha R wrote:
> I don't think it is a good idea, distribution-wise. If you ever upgade
> your graphic card, you will get a non-working system.

Then I wonder what the point was to splitting them up? I was one who thought
this would be a great time to jettison all the old video card drivers. Like
when would you ever install a Tseng video card? Or S3? And if you did, won't
the Vesa drivers work well enough until you install a more optimized driver?

-Steve