Re: Ghastly rendering of grub splash; drip gone

On Wed, 2006-09-06 at 18:31 -0500, Jay Cliburn wrote:
> I like the new DNA grub splash, but it's rendered horribly on my
> system
> by whatever grub uses to do it.

Probably not as horribly as it is on my system :-).

For some reason I get a screen (regardless of splash image)
with total gibberish as if the video is completely out of wack.
If I turn off the splash option and use plain text menu,
it looks fine.

I think this has something to do with the video mode
switching that goes on as it moves from bios display
to grub display to chainloading a different grub.
Sometimes the 2nd grub is scrambled, but it happens
very infrequently when an FC5 partition is the 2nd
grub, and virtually 100% of the time when FC6t2 is
the 2nd grub.

I kinda liked the fedora drip too - you oughta bring
it back :-).