Re: Impossible to eject dvd?

Filip Tsachev wrote:
Hello,

When I inserted dvd+rw, it was mounted. I wanted to rewrite it with
k3b. Tried using gnome-umount -u /dev/hdc, with no luck. While right
clicking the device only offers eject as an option. Had to use umount
/dev/hdc as root, because using it as an user produced the output:
"it's not in fstab and you're not root". Guess I miss something about
gnome-mount in the overall picture.

The choice to unmount a device should be offered as a selection within the GUI interface. Why there is no choice is beyond me. Though the subject is related to ejecting the CD, which I have no problems using.

Jim

--
Ryan's Law:
	Make three correct guesses consecutively