Fedora Core 5 Test Update: kernel-2.6.17-1.2187_FC5

Roy-Magne Mo rmo at sunnmore.net
Tue Sep 12 23:35:17 UTC 2006

Dave Jones wrote:
> Fedora Test Update Notification
> FEDORA-2006-967
> 2006-09-11
>
> Product     : Fedora Core 5
> Name        : kernel
> Version     : 2.6.17
> Release     : 1.2187_FC5
> Summary     : The Linux kernel (the core of the Linux operating system)
> Description :
> The kernel package contains the Linux kernel (vmlinuz), the core of any
> Linux operating system.  The kernel handles the basic functions
> of the operating system:  memory allocation, process allocation, device
> input and output, etc.

This kernel did not find root on my system, probably because the
cpqarray driver couldn't find anything or wasn't loaded. The driver is
included in the initrd-image.

Hardware is Compaq DL380G1 with internal Compaq Smartarray RAID controller.

Browsed through the changelogs, but could not see any changes regarding
this controller.

The kernel I'm running today is 2.6.17-1.2159_FC5 which boots fine.

Does thing give any useful information?

--
Roy-Magne Mo