GDM login screen

Benjy Grogan benjy.grogan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 09:46:11 UTC 2006

On 9/12/06, Rahul <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> David Nielsen wrote:
> > tir, 12 09 2006 kl. 11:53 -0400, skrev Clyde E. Kunkel:
> >> After updating to rawhide today, saw the new gdm login screen for the
> >> first time.  AWESOME!!!  Really love it.  Nice work folks.
> >> --
> >
> > I hate to be the party pooper, but I differ in opinion. It's way to dark
> > for it's own good and it makes wrong assumptions on string lengths
> > making it look somewhat silly in da_DK.UTF-8. It's savable though, I'd
> > be pleased if the i18n issue was fixed.
> >
> > - David Nielsen
>
> Both of these problems are already noted in fedora-art list. Diana Fong
> did some changes to make the background lighter. To see the results,
> click on the modified background link at
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/FC6ThemeModifications

I checked out the modified background and it's still too hard to see.
I have a bunch of old refurbished monitors, and they don't handle
black very well.  It's very hard to see this new theme, and it really
doesn't shine.  On the other hand, the FC5 theme looked very good on
these old refurbished monitors.  It might be something to take into
account.  There might be a significant amount of users out there who
are using old used monitors on new powerful cpus.  I'm one of them. :)

Benjy