metacity aiglx ati x600

I have gotten aiglx up and running on my dell laptop with an ati x600
graphics card.

However when I set metacity to be a compositing manager nothing special
happens.

Just to make sure everything was configured correctly I installed compiz
and get all the wobbly windows and other effects.

Do I need to do anything special to get effects and features from
metacity?
--
Mads Villadsen <maxx krakoa dk>