Re: bcm43xx on Dell-laptops; power/battery ?

On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 22:36 +0100, Patrick von der Hagen wrote:
> Steven Haigh schrieb:
> > Quoting James <jdickson cimtel net>:
> >> Thanks.. I would love to use the bcm43xx module but it is flaky at best
> >> on my Dell Latitude D800.. ndiswrapper works really well.
> >
> > I have the same on my Inspiron 8600. The rest of the machine works
> I'll probably find some time at the weekend to finally file bug-reports
> related to bcm43xx.
>
> Strangely engough the only three people reporting problems related to
> bcm43xx are all running Dell-laptops, so I wonder whether that might be
> related.

Well, I have a dell latitude with a bcm43xx pccard shoved into it and
was a fairly happy bunny except that while on the road recently I
finally noticed that stuff works well only when the power cable is
plugged in during network address acquisition. i.e. NetworkManager works
perfectly well with the bcm34xx (for WEP at least) when plugged into the
wall.

On the other hand the laptop locks (with NetworkManager, or manually
during dhclient) when operating on battery only, but ejecting the card
unsticks it :-).

C.