Re: FC6T3 Install on Acer Aspire 5601AWLMi laptop (long)

ron flory wrote:
2. X only appears to be able to use 1024x768 resolution.  LCD is
   1280x800 native.  No matter what I do with "system-configure-
   display", I can't get it to run higher resolution.  This worked
   correctly under FC6T2 once I told it the LCD capabilities.

The default i810 video driver can only set modes to those listed in the video BIOS, and you bought a machine with a sufficiently broken BIOS to not list the native panel size.

You can either yell at Acer to fix their video BIOS, or try using the 'intel' driver instead, by changing the line

    Driver "i810"

in xorg.conf to

    Driver "intel"

If this works for you, please post the output of 'lspci -v -n -s 0:2' so I can add this machine to the whitelist for the new driver.

- ajax