Dave Jones' alpha kernel-smp-2.6.17-3001.FC5...thumbs up

Gilbert Sebenste sebenste at weather.admin.niu.edu
Mon Sep 18 17:22:53 UTC 2006

I just got an update from Dave Jones' repository at

http://people.redhat.com/~davej/

And yum picked up on the alpha kernel there. I assume this is actually
2.6.18-rc7, but in any case...

Worksforme(tm Redhat). Machines are a P4 3.06 GHZ (HT turned on)
SW technology machine with a raid 0 array on one machine, and just an IDE
drive on another machine. 1.5 GB RAM on both. I saw no error messages on
boot up, which I did see on the 2.6.17 kernels (mostly warning messages
from bugs posted already here and on bugzillillillillillillalalalalala).