Re: Broken Kernel since 2.6.15

I decided to upgrade to FC5 since it still had a kernel-2.6.15.
Now my system won't boot.
I also tried the latest kernel-2.6.17, same thing.
I feel like fedora has pulled the plug on my system.

The funny thing is that I can boot from the DVD and go into rescue mode and
it finds the drive just fine.

So my question is what do I have to do to make a cdrom that I can boot from
and find my disk and load everything else from disk?

I tried a grub floppy, and that worked, but only for the kernels that worked
without it.  So it didn't buy me anything.

So I think the cdrom has to have the kernel on it.

You can try to rebuild initrd.

Adam Pribyl