FC6T3 x86-64 booting issue

alan alan at clueserver.org
Wed Sep 20 23:19:17 UTC 2006

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006, Alan Cox wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 12:06:28AM +0100, Tomas Lanik wrote:
>> may be FC6T4 will do... but I think t3 should not have been released at
>> all!
>
> And we are all perfect and hindsight is wonderful
>
> T3 has done an excellent job of finding a problem...

I think that is "problems".

Upgrading on i386 has proven quite impossible for me with FC6t3.

I have gotten past the initrd problem on x86_64, but I appear to be one of
the few.

I just hope these get cleaned up before release.  I shudder to think what
the reaction would have been if FC6t3 had been the actual release.

--
"Oh, Joel Miller, you've just found the marble in the oatmeal. You're a
lucky, lucky, lucky little boy. 'Cause you know why? You get to drink