how to set lower resolution in fc6t3 xorg?

Adam Jackson ajackson at redhat.com
Thu Sep 21 18:05:50 UTC 2006

Marius Andreiana wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 12:57 -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
>> Marius Andreiana wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> FC6t3's xorg.conf does't have anymore the Modes "1024x768" "800x600"...
>>> line anymore. I've tried adding it but it doesn't recognize the option
>>> (in Screen section).
>> You have to create a Display subsection for it:
> Thanks!
>
> Should I file a bug for system-config-display not doing this?

Nah, there's plenty of bugs about it in one form or another, and I'm
working on it already.  It's mostly a bug in pyxf86config, which insists
on creating its own types for every section of the config, rather than
just decomposing it into a sexp.  The irony is that the list approach
would have been more flexible in less code, and wouldn't have been quite
as fragile when the underlying libxf86config grows new features.  It's
not my favorite library ever.

- ajax