automount and NIS maps - util-linux/mount issue

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Fri Sep 22 22:16:42 UTC 2006

Orion Poplawski wrote:
> Has anyone gotten automount to work with NIS maps in FC6T3+, or am I
> just being brain dead?  Are there release notes about changes?  My old
> FC5 configuration does not work....

Problem seems to be bug #205038 - mount not allowing sloppy option
(exports "-s"  to external /sbin/mount.nfs(4) calls), which claims to
have been fixed in util-linux 2.13-0.41 according to the change log
(can't access the bug), but doesn't seem to be working for me:

root at sombrero ~]# mount -t nfs -s -o sync saga:/export/data1 /mnt
/mnt: invalid option -- s
usage: mount.nfs remotetarget dir [-rvVwfnh] [-t version] [-o nfsoptions]
         -r              Mount file system readonly
         -v              Verbose
         -V              Print version
         -w              Mount file system read-write
         -f              Fake mount, don't actually mount
         -n              Do not update /etc/mtab
         -h              Print this help
         version         nfs4 - NFS version 4, nfs - older NFS version
supported
         nfsoptions      Refer mount.nfs(8) or nfs(5)

You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root
[root at sombrero ~]# rpm -q util-linux
util-linux-2.13-0.41

I'll try with 0.42 as soon as I can pull it down...

--
Orion Poplawski
System Administrator                  303-415-9701 x222
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com