Re: Should i just wait til fc6t4??

alan wrote:
On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, sean wrote:

I've been unsuccessful in installing t3 from dvd on a standard intel x86-64 chipset box. I think the problem is that I have one partition ( not root ) that's lvm.

I asssume this will all be fixed for t4. Has anybody figured out how to install before then?

Yep.  I posted it earlier.

After you do the install, boot with the "rescue option" on the install dvd.

My problem is that _install_ dies when " Searching for previous installations". Nothing gets installed.

When you get a prompt:

chroot /mnt/sysmount
cd /boot
mkinitrd --image-version --nocompress initrd `uname -r`

Then add this line to the /etc/grub.conf entry:
  initrd /initrd-<kernelversion>

save, sync and reboot.

sean