Re: Nvidia bata & desktop effects

dragoran wrote:
Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
Lars G wrote:

With that option my desktop background turns black, the windows don't "wobble" anymore and everything is still extremely slow.

I tried a current git checkout from freedesktop.org that support the --use-cow option. That improves performance a lot (and makes compiz actually usable) but I get the same blck desktop problem as mentioned above.

what if you use both cow and direct rendering?

The git version already defaults to direct rendering. When I start compiz from a shell I see a ton of these errors though:

compiz: Couldn't bind redirected window 0x160bd8c to texture
compiz: pixmap 0x3e0011e can't be bound to texture
compiz: Couldn't bind redirected window 0x160bcd7 to texture
compiz: pixmap 0x3e0011c can't be bound to texture
compiz: Couldn't bind redirected window 0x160bd8c to texture
compiz: pixmap 0x3e0011e can't be bound to texture
compiz: Couldn't bind redirected window 0x160bcd7 to texture
compiz: pixmap 0x3e0011c can't be bound to texture
compiz: Couldn't bind redirected window 0x160bd8c to texture
compiz: pixmap 0x3e0011e can't be bound to texture
compiz: Couldn't bind redirected window 0x160bcd7 to texture
compiz: pixmap 0x3e0011c can't be bound to texture
compiz: Couldn't bind redirected window 0x160bd8c to texture
compiz: pixmap 0x3e0011e can't be bound to texture
compiz: Couldn't bind redirected window 0x160bcd7 to texture
compiz: pixmap 0x3e0011c can't be bound to texture
compiz: Couldn't bind redirected window 0x160bd8c to texture
compiz: pixmap 0x3e0011e can't be bound to texture
compiz: Couldn't bind redirected window 0x160bcd7 to texture

Any idea what this could mean?

Regards,
  Dennis