yum access to fc6 mirror sites

glenn gsimpson at mountaincable.net
Sun Sep 24 17:14:17 UTC 2006

oldman wrote:
> glenn wrote:
>
>>Is there a solution to the yum access of mirror sites for FC6. Currently
>>only the Ibiblio site is accessed.  That site is very out of date, and
>>if it has anything you are trying to fetch, it is trottle at abt 17 KB/s
>>(only slightly faster than dialup).
>>
>>I keep seeing the buildsys reports that show new pkgs updates have been
>>generated, but when Ibiblio does not update, those updates are not
>>available to testor like myself.
>>
>>Is this a problem with some update to yum, OR is the mirror support
>>system mucked up.  I used to find yum would try to work with numerous
>>alternative mirror sites.
>>
>>Glenn
>>

> 	Glenn:
>
> 	Edit your /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-development.repo file.  Uncomment the
> 'baseurl=' line. save that file and exit the editor. run command 'yum
> clean metadata'.  You should now get the fedora.redhat repo to download
> from.
>
> Scott

Thanks Scott for the above comments.  That seems to have solved my
problem.  It took a couple of tries, but now I am updating over 100
pkgs.  Thank you.

Mary Ellen, I don't think I have the yum-plugins.  This FC6T3 install is
a basic distro install and I did not find the "fastestmirror" option.
But I appreciate the try.

--
Glenn