Re: how to set lower resolution in fc6t3 xorg?

n0dalus wrote:
On 9/22/06, Adam Jackson <ajackson redhat com> wrote:

Should be fixed in the next pyxf86config/rhpxl update.

Will this update stop the system from choosing a bad resolution in the
first place? My 4:3 monitor is currently running at some horrid
1920x1080 resolution instead of a good 1600x1200 or a sane (and what
the default for my monitor should be) 1152x864. Is this a separate
bug?

That depends. The core X server logic should pick a sane virtual size by now, but I have sneaking suspicions that some of the drivers are defeating it. You should bz this issue, and attach a log file from a session where it picks a bad mode.

- ajax