Re: yum access to fc6 mirror sites

frob rtdti com wrote:
>> From: oldman <talbotscott cox net>
>> Subject: Re: yum access to fc6 mirror sites
>> To: For testers of Fedora Core development releases
>> 	<fedora-test-list redhat com>
>> glenn wrote:
>>> Is there a solution to the yum access of mirror sites for FC6. Currently
>>> only the Ibiblio site is accessed.  That site is very out of date, and
>>> if it has anything you are trying to fetch, it is trottle at abt 17 KB/s
>>> (only slightly faster than dialup).
>>> I keep seeing the buildsys reports that show new pkgs updates have been
>>> generated, but when Ibiblio does not update, those updates are not
>>> available to testor like myself.
>>> Is this a problem with some update to yum, OR is the mirror support
>>> system mucked up.  I used to find yum would try to work with numerous
>>> alternative mirror sites.
>>> Glenn
>> 	Glenn:
>> 	Edit your /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-development.repo file.  Uncomment the
>> 'baseurl=' line. save that file and exit the editor. run command 'yum
>> clean metadata'.  You should now get the fedora.redhat repo to download
>> from.
>> Scott
> Hi,
> I've had same problem on two rawhide machines, one last successfully
> updated sep 19, one sep 20.
> I've had to BOTH uncomment 'baseurl=' and comment out 'mirrorlist=',
> then `yum clean metadata; yum update` to get an update, and floods
> updates came in.
> Since it was on two machines, I don't think it was purely cockpit
> error on my part, but you never know.
> I'm bleating here (fedora-test-list) because I don't know where to
> else to bleat, and it has been mentionted here recently...
> <bleat>It seems strange (but I admit ignorance) that there is only one
> mirror for rawhide (berkeley, ca, usa) and it is almost a week out of
> date.</bleat>
> Robert
> --
> Robert Dowling -- f as in fedora, rob as in robert <AT> rtdti.com
	You could try building your own mirror list, using the official Fedora
list at http://fedora.redhat.com/Download/mirrors.html copy as many
mirrors you like to either the fedora-development.repo or another file
to have the mirror list point to.  Might take some messing with, but not
too much.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)