No *bling* for me. Starting compiz hangs machine

alan alan at clueserver.org
Fri Sep 29 16:03:10 UTC 2006

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006, Ralph Angenendt wrote:

> Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
>> Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>>> And still a machine which hangs on turning on compiz ...
>>
>> FWIW, I have the same problem on an i386 machine with radeon 9200
>> graphics card.  Hard freeze, no msgs, have to hit the ol' reset switch
>> to get out of it.  On reboot, all is well without the bling.
>
> After another update: compiz-0.0.13-0.28.20060817git.fc6,
> xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.1.1-43.fc6, xorg-x11-drv-ati-6.6.2-2.fc6 I see it
> still freezing.
>
> But as others have mentioned: *bling* works, when I log into a failsafe
> session (but throws some errors about dbus). At least it doesn't hang
> the machine.

This used to work for me, but some very recient update fubared it and I
get the hangs as well.

I am using an ATI 9250 card.

I also get a mass of errors when I try "system-config-display --reconfig".

--
"Oh, Joel Miller, you've just found the marble in the oatmeal. You're a
lucky, lucky, lucky little boy. 'Cause you know why? You get to drink