NFS mount problem on f7 from fc5

Allen Kistler an037-ooai8 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 6 23:40:37 UTC 2007

Allen Kistler wrote:
> Basically I can't mount an fc5 export on f7-test.  Is anyone else seeing
> this problem?
>
> The error message I get in f7 is:
>
> # mount -t nfs -v ack603:/var/ftp /mnt/nfs
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on ack603:/var/ftp,
>        missing codepage or other error
>        In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
>        dmesg | tail  or so
>
> I mount my ftp directory from other machines (fc5, fc6) all the time.
> /var/log/message doesn't contain anything at all on the error.  The
> error occurs straight "out of the box" (the test dvd) and after updating
> everything to rawhide.
>
> The export machine is fc5 with all the latest rpms.  Portmap is running.
> There is no netfilter to get in the way anywhere.  Am I missing
> something?  Clues welcome.

No one replied the last time, so I'll assume I'm alone in the error,
though I'm still looking for clues.  FWIW, a tcpdump does not show any
network traffic originating from the f7 box when I issue the mount
command.  I've also installed the new rpcbind package and started it,
though I'm not so certain it's required for clients.

Hints, clues, answers, etc., welcome.