FC7T3 test results

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Tue Apr 10 16:46:10 UTC 2007

I finally had a chance last night to run the Live and
KDE-Live CD's on an Acer Aspire 5630-6368.

The system booted with both, and ran pretty well, with
only a couple issues.

1) The Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG would not work properly
under either Live CD. Under KDE it displayed the available
SSID's but would not sync with any AP's. Under Gnome it
just presented errors about invalid commands.

2) The display is a 5.4" WXGA (1280 x 800) TFT LCD, but
X would only let me select 1024x768, even after restarting
X using either CD.

I could not determine any other issues.

I have an MC with an ASUS P5B-E and a Core2 Duo E6400 and
2 GB of PC2-6400 RAM with an NVidia Video Card, ATI Theatrix
Capture Card, and a Sound Blaster Audigy 4 SE 7.1, and some
additional SATA and PATA controllers. I do expect issues with
that one, it is configured to be a Windows Vista Media Centre
recording station.

I also have 3 P4 machines with various configurations I will
test when I have the time.

Looks good so far,
Thanx a lot.