Fedora Core 6 Test Update: selinux-policy-2.4.6-52.fc6

Wojtek.Pilorz wpilorz at bdk.pl
Wed Apr 11 09:39:52 UTC 2007

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, Daniel Walsh wrote:

> Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 12:56:39 -0400
> From: Daniel Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com>
> To: fedora-test-list at redhat.com
> Subject: Fedora Core 6 Test Update: selinux-policy-2.4.6-52.fc6

> Fedora Test Update Notification
> FEDORA-2007-429
> 2007-04-10
>
> Product     : Fedora Core 6
> Name        : selinux-policy
> Version     : 2.4.6
> Release     : 52.fc6
> Summary     : SELinux policy configuration
> Description :
> SELinux Reference Policy - modular.

> * Thu Apr  5 2007 Dan Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> 2.4.6-52
> - Don't relabel if selinux is not enabled
> - Allow netutils to read sysfs

I believe this should go to FC6 updates before or at the same time as iputils-20070202-2.fc6

On an FC6 system with static IP address on eth? interfaces, after iputils-20070202-2.fc6
is installed,
  service network start
does not define IP addresses on eth? interfaces.

Instead, I get avc messages about arping not being able to read sysfs,
and /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-eth at line 245 gets non-zero return
code from arping (because of avc denied), then prints a message
Error, some other host already uses address xxx.yyy.zzz.vvv

and exits, leaving eth? interface without IP address set.

Imagine a remotely administered system which does no longer have network
connectivity after yum update, reboot. Very, err.., non-linux way. Even if
Fedora is not meant as enterprise-class system.

Best regards,

Wojtek