Boot crashes with 3079

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Tue Apr 17 15:49:52 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 16:54 +0200, Guido Ledermann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I can't boot the latest kernel (3079). I see some dump/debug information
> on the screen, but is this stored somewhere so that I'm able to provide
> this information to file a bug in bugzilla?

AFAIK, unless it crashes after the system logger has started, nothing's
going to be written to disk. There might be something you can do with
the kdump kernel, but I'm not sure how that works just yet.

The usual procedure is to hook up a serial console and capture the
messages that way.

The quick-and-dirty way is to take a picture of the screen with a
digital camera of some kind, and transcribe it (or attach the image to
the bug).

What kind of a system are you running? What module is it crashing in?

-w