FC7 Getting there...

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Wed Apr 25 09:33:18 UTC 2007

I rsync'd the x86_64 development tree and then did an NFS
install using the rescue-cd in a Core Duo Aus p5b-e
motherboard.  The Atansic ethernet works, yielding
750 Mb/s with ttcp.

The April Nvidia beta driver actually works with FC7.

I tried compiz.  Complained about no sync extension.
Google sez "omit xfree86-dga" to get rid of that
complaint.  Still couldn't get compiz to do anything
interesting but the is the first time I've tried compiz.

Loaded Beryl and it WORKS.

Next step - a video player codec package that plays real
video files.

And then a working Cinelerra or suitable alternative.
So far the only working Cinelerra I've seen is on
Dynbolic.  (Working Cinelerra :== no crash on PLAY.)
--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665