Beta 4 - Upgrading via YUM

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Sun Apr 29 20:17:10 UTC 2007

Good evening ladies and gentelmen,

i was upgrading from fc6 to f7t4 using yum and the notes from fc6 on
fedoraproject.org

conclusion: my notebook still exists, it is working. Even tough, it
took about 12 hours for the whole process (on a p2/400 mhz, don't
laugh :P)

After that, i usually make my rpm -qa | grep fc6 this brings up the
following list:

gnome-sharp-2.16.0-1.fc6
dmidecode-2.7-1.26.1.fc6
jakarta-commons-cli-1.0-6jpp_10.fc6
qca-tls-1.0-10.fc6
xmms-cdread-0.14-12.fc6
xorg-x11-filesystem-7.1-2.fc6
qca-1.0-8.fc6
x264-0.0.0-0.3.20061214.fc6
libsilc-1.0.2-2.fc6
xmms-mp3-1.2.10-16.fc6
perl-String-CRC32-1.4-2.fc6
perl-Net-SSLeay-1.30-4.fc6
libxml++-2.14.0-1.1.fc6
kdnssd-avahi-0.1.3-0.1.20060713svn.fc6
perl-XML-DOM-1.44-2.fc6
xkeyboard-config-0.8-7.fc6
libofa-0.9.3-8.fc6
OpenEXR-1.4.0a-3.fc6
plotutils-2.5-3.fc6
perl-IO-Socket-INET6-2.51-2.fc6
xsri-2.1.0-10.fc6
libglademm24-2.6.3-2.fc6
rng-utils-2.0-1.14.1.fc6
synaptics-0.14.4-8.fc6
enca-1.9-3.fc6
sqlite2-2.8.17-1.fc6
libdvdnav-0.1.10-3.fc6
libifp-1.0.0.2-4.fc6
kmod-ndiswrapper-1.38-1.2.6.20_1.2944.fc6
meanwhile-1.0.2-3.fc6
libid3tag-0.15.1b-3.fc6
perl-Compress-Zlib-1.42-1.fc6
libutempter-1.1.4-3.fc6
system-config-network-tui-1.3.96-1.fc6
libavc1394-0.5.3-1.fc6
perl-XML-RegExp-0.03-2.fc6
twolame-0.3.9-1.fc6
libvisual-0.4.0-3.fc6
xmms-wma-1.0.5-3.fc6
kernel-2.6.20-1.2944.fc6
gnome-applet-netspeed-0.13-7.fc6
gsf-sharp-0.8.1-2.fc6
wireless-tools-28-1.fc6
psi-icons-0.10-5.fc6
ikvm-0.22-10.fc6
fftw-3.1.2-3.fc6
dbus-sharp-0.63-6.fc6
libcdio-0.77-3.fc6
NetworkManager-openvpn-0.3.2-7.fc6
psi-0.10-5.fc6
vcdimager-0.7.23-5.fc6
perl-Parse-Yapp-1.05-36.fc6
themes-backgrounds-gnome-0.4-6.fc6
perl-Socket6-0.19-3.fc6
SDL_mixer-1.2.7-2.fc6
lzo-2.02-2.fc6
psi-i18n-0.10-5.fc6
system-config-network-1.3.96-1.fc6
libsndfile-1.0.17-1.fc6
libnjb-2.2.5-3.fc6
aalib-1.4.0-0.11.rc5.fc6
arj-3.10.22-1.fc6
libmpcdec-1.2.2-4.fc6
gnome-themes-extras-0.9.0-5.fc6
ltrace-0.5-6.45svn.fc6
mailcap-2.1.23-1.fc6
gpp-0.6.6-3.fc6
dillo-0.8.6-3.fc6

...those should be the list for the files to rpm -e. Some of them are
from extras, perhaps some of them are from livna, so this list is for
information. Take what you need and forget about the rest. In fact,
almost everyting is working fine. I still wait for the latest
ndiswrapper from livna, which i hope to be followed soon.

After the upgrade, i was missing some functions (fast-user-switch)
which are there on a installation by default. This applet is now
working too, after i started it manually.

I think, i would make sense to delete the .gnome* - directories in the
home-dir to get the full set of functionalities.

HTH
Roger