problems with texlive, texlive not ready yet

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Wed Aug 22 14:32:55 UTC 2007

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:09:42 -0400 "Horst H. von Brand" wrote:

> Look at <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureTexLive>.
> Install went without a hitch here (Fedora rawhide, currently more or
> less F8t1). Has worked fine (for /very/ light use, mind you).

I'd like to second Horst's comment -- I've installed Jindrich's TeXLive
rpms on an F7 system and they do work for a number of LaTeX inputs.  I
have also run across various missing style and other files that existed
in teTeX but not in TeXLive and a quick (ugly hack) solution is to
simply copy them over from other machines that have teTeX installed.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD  |  ed at eh3.com  |  http://eh3.com/