Firefox performance sucks!

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Sun Aug 26 04:03:19 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-08-25 at 20:51 -0600, Kevin DeKorte wrote:

> > So what else can I test?
>
> It sounds like you may have a DNS resolution problem. Might want to make
> sure the DNS server you are using is the best you can. I actually have a
> caching DNS server on my network, but even my ISPs is not that slow.

Actually, I've done a little more testing and I copied ~/.mozilla to
~/.mozilla.org and all of a sudden firefox was running nicely again.

A little more looking around (copying files from the old .mozilla to the
new .mozilla I discover that something in my prefs.js file is causing
the problem.

I've been using (through various upgrades) this prefs.js we before
firefox became the default in Fedora/Redhat so it appears there's
something in there that it doesn't like.

I'm now trying to figure out what it is.

R.
 It's much better on my side"