Fedora 8 won't boot on Z60m

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Sat Dec 1 22:12:35 UTC 2007

Rick Marshall wrote:
> I guess the subject says it all. I downloaded the DVD ISO and made a
> couple of copies. the all hang during the boot process. The last message
> is /sbin/loader...

You really should give more details about your hardware; I'm assuming
this is a Lenova widescreen Thinkpad with a recent Intel chipset.

> Any ideas? I'm trying to upgrade from FC7.

Be aware this is _after_ the boot, the kernel's up and running by this
time, and what you have might be an X problem, and it might be something
else... even a kernel module, perhaps one you don't need.

Google this list for problems with the HP dc7700{,p} I think I've seen
something like this reported for that desktop. Answers involving
PCI=nommconf etc are not what you want, your problem arises later.

You should also try a text install/upgrade.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait