Fedora updates-testing report - break it down !

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Thu Dec 6 10:02:42 UTC 2007

updates at fedoraproject.org wrote:
> Fedora Test Update Notification
> FEDORA-2007-3977
> 2007-12-03 11:37:51.185519
>
> Name        : imlib
> Product     : Fedora 8
> Version     : 1.9.15
I see these are now joined as one big report {implementing what was
discussed elsewhere}. I prefer it as a combined report, however:

1. Would there be any objections to having it split in two parts, one
for Fedora {current} updates-testing and the other for Fedora
{current-1} updates-testing ?
Rationale:
a. as a tester I am only interested in my installed version.
b. makes it easy to filter -> trash the half the tester is not
interested in.

2. Previously, testers might reply to the old individual package update
notifications, if they found an issue, or to report success etc. Since
this is now possible in bodhi, could the update note provide the bodhi
link like:
To make comment on this test update, please add a comment and a rating to:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F8/FEDORA-2007-3977

and / or a link to a bugzilla item if that is the preferred feedback point.

David Timms