gnome-login: system policy prevents pulseaudio from acquiring high-priority scheduling

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Sun Dec 9 20:03:27 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-12-09 at 19:45 +0100, shrek-m at gmx.de wrote:

> i was playing with
> $ polkit-gnome-authorization
>
> i added  one user  and blocked an  other,
> now  none  can edit the "org.pulseaudio  high-priority-scheduling"
> because it crashes.

That is simply a bug. I gave David a fix for it; I hope he manages to
push out a fixed build soon. In the meantime, you can use
polkit-auth --revoke
to remove the explicit grants that are causing the problem.

> root (local X) can not edit the policies
>     a tool for sysadmins but root can not use it  ?

What is the problem with using it as root (apart from the aforementioned
bug) ?

> one more tool for a sysadmin to check and to manage  ?

How much checking and managing you want to do depends on your personal
preferences. At least there is a tool, which is more than consolehelper
ever achieved...

> a user can not edit via ssh  X11forwarding  ?

Should work, what problem are you seeing ?

> no possibilty to disable it like selinux  ?

What do you mean by that ? Blindly allowing every privileged operation
for everybody ? Or denying it for everybody ?