Hal daemon is not started at boot time

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Mon Dec 10 14:09:02 UTC 2007

Antonio M schrieb:

>> Haldaemon fails for me in enforcing also. Running setenforce 0 before
>> trying to start Hal daemon allows it to work.
>>
>> Raw Audit Messages :avc: denied { read } for comm=hald dev=sda6 egid=0
>> euid=0 exe=/usr/sbin/hald exit=3 fsgid=0 fsuid=0 gid=0 items=0
>> name=PolicyKit.reload pid=2864 scontext=system_u:system_r:hald_t:s0
>> sgid=0 subj=system_u:system_r:hald_t:s0 suid=0 tclass=file
>> tcontext=system_u:object_r:system_crond_var_lib_t:s0 tty=(none) uid=0

>> Not yet. The SELinux error needs evaluated. I still have sound with or
>> without the daemon running.

>>> also on my second test computer (a laptop) I had to set selinux as
>>> permissive, otherwise no sound and no devices!!!!
>>>

>> --
>> You've always made the mistake of being yourself.
>>                 -- Eugene Ionesco
>>
>> --
>>

> Jim
>
> Of course selinux errors have to be evaluated, I checked in bugzilla
> but I didn't find anything matching these kind of errors. Shall we
> file a new bug???
>
> I meant that I can run my Pc with full capacity with Selinux=permissive.....

which PolicyKit and hal  version?

--------
PolicyKit-0.7-3.fc9
Changelog
* Thu Dec 06 2007 David Zeuthen <davidz at redhat.com> - 0.7-3.fc9
- Conflict with older hal release
----/----

--------
hal-0.5.10-3.fc9
Changelog
* Thu Dec 06 2007 David Zeuthen <davidz at redhat.com> - 0.5.10-3.fc9
- Grant user 'haldaemon' an authorization to read authorizations of
other users
----/----

--------
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-selinux-list/2007-December/msg00044.html
AVC with today's rawhide
/From/: "Tom London" <selinux gmail com>
/To/: fedora-selinux <fedora-selinux-list redhat com>
/Subject/: AVC with today's rawhide
/Date/: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 09:42:30 -0800

I think today's policykit update needs some more love....
Graphical login failed with 'respawn too fast' messages.
Here are the AVCs:
type=AVC msg=audit(1196960817.504:18): avc: denied { read } for
pid=2324 comm="hald" name="PolicyKit.reload" dev=dm-0 [...]
----/----

--
shrek-m