Fedora updates-testing report

Andrew Farris lordmorgul at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 18:18:36 UTC 2007

Chuck Anderson wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 10:22:22PM -0600, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:
>> Nice! I like the format where you get the "headline news" list of all the
>> packages updated at the top. Thanks for doing that!
>
> Can the report be sorted alphabetically by package name?  That would
> make it easier to scan the list to find something you are looking for.

I thought of asking for that as well, but the overall listing of the package
updates seems to be in order by when its built?  The listing at the top is in
the same ordering, so it does make it a bit easier to find the details of the
package in question right now... we'd need both sections to get ordered the
same.  I'd rather have the front listing out of order if the detailed listing
cannot match it.

And if we did get some reordering, then perhaps getting a broad sort on fc7 and
fc8 first would be possible, then alphabetical inside that? :)

And another note.  By moving to the 'digest format' for these updates we've lost
the [Security] subject line notation that made it easier to spot those updates
as a bit more crucial to test and report on asap.

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul at gmail.com> <ajfarris at gmail.com>
   gpg 0xC99B1DF3 at pgp.mit.edu