libcrypto and yum problems

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Dec 12 00:34:14 UTC 2007

Robert M. Albrecht wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when will the dependencies problem be fixed ?
>
> yum --skip-broken loops and does not get this error skipped. Is this a
> known bug ? How to report this, as there is no dump or error message.
>
> cu romal

Have you tried to update openssl first? I just finished using yum
--skip-broken with success. Of course libcrypto was installed early for
me. I would not see that conflict.

Run 'package-cleanup --problems' to see if you have problems with
incompletely installed/erased packages. package-cleanup also has options
to check for duplicate packages with the --dupes option and clean up the
errors with --cleandupes option.

Jim

--
You've always made the mistake of being yourself.
		-- Eugene Ionesco