konqueror is not present anymore, updates to kde fail

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 14 13:39:56 UTC 2007

Dear list,

konqueror does not respond either from the menu, or
the command line.  Updates to kde fail :(

Error: Missing Dependency: kdemultimedia-libs =
6:3.5.8-8.fc8 is needed by packa
ge kdemultimedia-extras-libs
Error: Missing Dependency: libsilc-1.0.so.2 is needed
by package libpurple
Error: Missing Dependency: libartsgui_idl.so.0 is
needed by package kdemultimedi
a-extras-libs
Error: Missing Dependency: kdegraphics-libs =
7:3.5.8-5.fc8 is needed by package
 kdegraphics-extras
Error: Missing Dependency: libartsgui_kde.so.0 is
needed by package kdemultimedi
a-extras-libs
Error: Missing Dependency: libsilcclient-1.0.so.1 is
needed by package libpurple

Error: Missing Dependency: libkmultipage.so.0 is
needed by package kdegraphics-e
xtras

Error: Missing Dependency: libartsgui_idl.so.0 is
needed by package kdemultimedi
a-extras-libs
Error: Missing Dependency: libartsgui_kde.so.0 is
needed by package kdemultimedi
a-extras-libs
Error: Missing Dependency: kdemultimedia-libs =
6:3.5.8-8.fc8 is needed by packa
ge kdemultimedia-extras-libs
Error: Missing Dependency: libkmultipage.so.0 is
needed by package kdegraphics-e
xtras
Error: Missing Dependency: kdegraphics-libs =
7:3.5.8-5.fc8 is needed by package
 kdegraphics-extras

and it repeats for ever.  I have two machines running
rawhide, previously I had three but on one of them the
hard drive went to hard drive heaven/or hard drive
hell.  On one of these KDE was the main desktop, and
it logs automatically into gnome, kde has not worked
for a while.  I have to start it in level 3 and with
enforcing=0 option.  konqueror icon no longer appears
and it does not work anymore.

I know that the move to KDE 4 is a work in progress,
but is there a time frame which we should look forward
to having a working KDE without too many failed
updates to it.

[olivares at localhost ~]$ rpm -qa kde*
kdenetwork-3.5.8-4.fc8

kdeutils-3.96.2-2.fc9