konqueror is not present anymore, updates to kde fail

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Dec 14 14:27:59 UTC 2007

Antonio Olivares wrote:

> konqueror does not respond either from the menu, or
> the command line.  Updates to kde fail :(
>
> Error: Missing Dependency: kdemultimedia-libs =
> 6:3.5.8-8.fc8 is needed by packa
> ge kdemultimedia-extras-libs

> I know that the move to KDE 4 is a work in progress,
> but is there a time frame which we should look forward
> to having a working KDE without too many failed
> updates to it.

Looks like we're missing a bunch of Obsoletes and selinux is wreaking havoc.

Re: selinux:
Atm, enforcing=0 seems to be not enough for kde4 to be functional, selinux=0
is required (for me, in my 30 minutes of testing so far this morning).

I'll get on the Obsoletes, in the meantime:
yum remove kde*-extras kde*-extras-libs
should get you further upgrade-wise.

-- Rex