gtkpod and libgpod versions

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 23:38:21 UTC 2007

I received a new last generation ipod nano and I would like to test it under
rawhide.
It seems currently in fc9 there are libgpod 0.6.0 and gtkpod 0.99.12 that
should be the minimal (and latest actually) safely supporting  it.
Are there any plans to also  update versions in  fc8  in a short time, if
you know, to compare behaviour?
It seems 0.5.2 and 0.99.10 in f8 are able to copy files but actually then I
see nothing inside the ipod.
Today I upgraded the firmware from 1.0.1 to 1.0.3 and initialized it via
iTunes and I'm going to see if anything go better...
Anyone successfully using iTunes on wine with fc8? It seems my installation
broke in the middle....

Thanks in advance for any hint,
Gianluca