Fedora Unity Re-Spin

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Mon Dec 24 14:12:54 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
>
>> It isn't really that odd... We shouldn't all be publishing and
>> releasing fixes to F8 stock anaconda and diffuse in that way... The
>> fix is in upstream anaconda, they just won't release it as an update.
>> This concerns me, but that doesn't make it any different. I'll not
>> withhold the fixes or built (Source-) RPMs from anyone though; they
>> are in the Re-Spin too (along with the sources).
>
> Could you make just that Anaconda (srpm) package available in a plain
> http/ftp space? I have been discussing a games spin update with rel-eng
> and we might take advantage of the work already done here.

The back-ported fix only concerns genuine Installation Media that should
be compatible with i586 hardware. With "genuine Installation Media" I
mean the 'classic' DVD or CD Set. This does not apply to Live Media or
it's installation procedure and should thus not be used.

Nonetheless -should it do anything different in the "Live Media being
used as Installation Media" department -look at upstream anaconda and
tell them to release an update.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip