synaptics touchpad issues [was: traditional X11 copy and paste broken]

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Mon Dec 31 15:30:11 UTC 2007

On Mon, Dec 31, 2007 at 10:24:49AM -0500, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> I'm running rawhide and I noticed that traditional X11 copy and paste
> (copy by selecting, paste with middle mouse button) no longer works in
> either gnome-terminal or XTerm.  Is this an intentional change or
> should I file a bug?  Under which component?

Actually I discovered that the middle mouse button just doesn't work
at all, not even to open links in new tabs in Firefox.  In fact, none
of the buttons above the touchpad work.  So this appears to be a
synaptics touchpad problem.  Chording the bottom left/right buttons
works as a substitute for the middle button.