What is the fascination with 'spins'

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Feb 5 15:16:27 UTC 2007

On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 20:19:45 +0000,
  "monty19@ hotmail.com" <monty19 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Personally, I think having separate ISO images for Desktop, Developer,
> Server, KDE, and whatever else is a pretty silly idea.  It's one of the
> main reasons I don't like Ubuntu.  I run Fedora on a system I would

I think it is a bit early to declare custom spins a silly idea. Even if it
doesn't turn out to be that useful for Fedora directly, there is a potential
for it to be useful for third parties. I think making it easy to define
custom spins is an interesting experiment and that we will need to wait a
bit before we find out whether or not it is a really useful feature or not.