What is the fascination with 'spins'

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 08:53:38 UTC 2007

On 2/6/07, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 February 2007 18:19, Michael Wiktowy wrote:
> > As pungi seems to digest comps.xml files for its package input, I am
> > not sure what the problem would be to make a big DVD spin with all the
> > groupings that an admin would need to install. I would assume that you
> > just feed pungi a bunch of comps.xml files or yumgroups.xml files and
> > you will have all your different sub-spins in one big DVD spin. Isn't
> > this how things will work or am I way off?
>
> In fc6 pungi culled a package list from comps.  In rawhide a separate manifest
> file is used.
>
> --
> Jesse Keating
> Release Engineer: Fedora

Jesse (if I may call you that) can you confirm yes or no on if there
will be an everything install image for those who want? Seems like the
only cost would be that of bandwidth...and I would suggest that this
image be made available only via bittorrent or other p2p. Doing this
seems like it would solve some complaints of others that I can't claim
to understand.

Peace

--
Fedora Core 6 and proud