Fedora 7 Test 1 - x86 version

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Feb 10 04:04:17 UTC 2007

Chris Maggs wrote:
> I'm running FC6 on a 2.8GHz Dell Optiplex with 40gig SATA HDD and 512MB
> of Dual Channel DDR. I have downloaded the Fedora 7 Test 1 x86 DVD but
> when I try to install the screen which gives me the options on what to
> do (Install/Upgrade etc) it freezes and I can't get any further. This
> also happens on my parents 1.4GHz AMD system (currently on MS XP)
>
> Just thought I'd let you all know about this glitch I'm getting just
> incase others are getting the same!
>
> Chris

There used to be a problem with the USB legacy feature in BIOS which if
enabled would cause you not to be able to input from the keyboard. This
usually would happen in the modal menus which you seem to be describing.

In other words, your keyboard is not working and you are not frozen.
disabling the option in BIOS might allow you to be able to successfully
install the OS.

Just a chance this is the problem.

Jim

--
You will live a long, healthy, happy life and make bags of money.