Re: Pam problem? or maybe something else

oldman wrote:
    My problem affects many programs.  So far as I can tell they're all
programs that use pam (i.e pup, the system-config-firewall thingie).
Anyway, I can run the programs, but (in the case of the firewall thing)
it will not save nor actually use the settings I choose.

I saw this problem with s-c-services when I used the program. It looks as you describe that the checkmarks are not checked until you move to another item.

I go with something else which relates to the GUI interface. No idea as to which component to pinpoint either.

Jim

--
"Everyone is entitled to an *informed* opinion."
-- Harlan Ellison