Re: Last two F7 kernels result in no network connection

On 2/24/07, Gerry Tool <gerrytool gmail com> wrote:

On 2/17/07, Guido Ledermann < guido ledermann googlemail com> wrote:
Doen't work here folks. Even setting eth0 in promiscous mode I can't
ping anything else than my own ip. I hope this is fixed with the next
kernel.

This is still true with the latest kernel today, 2/24/07, #2942.  Is there some setting that corrects this?  I have selinux disabled (makes no difference.)  I can't even ping other computers on my local network.  DHCP on the router did give me a valid IP address and even the name server IPs are correct.

Gerry

Still true 2/26 with kernel 2947.