Fedora QA meeting: Wed Jan. 17, 1700UTC

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Thu Jan 11 20:21:31 UTC 2007

Hello!

Hope you all enjoyed your winter break from the test meetings. With the
new year comes some new changes:

1) Meetings (and bug triage and other general QA/tester discussion) have
been moved to #fedora-qa. We'll still be on freenode, naturally.
2) We'll be moving to a new mailing list: fedora-qa (when it's set up).

Some other exciting news: I'll be at FUDCon[1], running a QA Hackfest!
I'm planning to be writing (and helping others write) a whole mess of
RHTS[2] regression tests, and testing the heck out of F7Test1 (which
should be released Jan. 30, 3 days before FUDCon). I'm open to
suggestions for other things to work on, too.

With Test1 coming so soon, it's time we had a discussion about how we're
going to test this thing!

Meeting agenda will be posted here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20070117

Here's a couple things I want to talk about:

1. F7 - what are the new features? How will we test them?
- See the matrix here: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/7/FeatureMatrix
- How are we going to track who tested what? Does everyone have wiki
access?
- Do these things have good test plans? Who can write test plans?

2. fedora-updates-system and web interfaces for testing feedback
- We need a web interface to keep track of who's tested what, and to
make it easier to report bugs with test packages.

If you've got any suggestions, send them to me or the list.

Hope to see you there!

-w

[1] http://barcamp.org/FudconBoston2007
[2] https://wiki.108.redhat.com/wiki/index.php/Testing/Rhts