final patch for pata disks on sata promise controller

Jim Bevier jim at jbsys.com
Mon Jan 15 02:53:45 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Bevier" <jim at jbsys.com>
To: "For testers of Fedora Core development releases"
<fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
Cc: <fedora-test-list at redhat.com>; <jgarzik at redhat.com>
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 11:06 AM
Subject: Re: patches for pata disks on sata promise controller

Dave,

I found a couple of e-mails on the web from jeff at garzik.org signing off on
sata_promise patches to gentoo users.  It is slightly modified from the
patch that I sent to you last week.  I merged my mods with those and now
have "the last" patch.  This patch should allow pata disks on models 2037x
and 2057x sata promise controllers.  This should allow the same functionally
as pre 2.6.19 kernels.  I have tested it on the 2911 kernel.  I am sorry
Jeff chose to not include the gentoo patch in the current fedora libata
releases.  I have credited the gentoo people who generated the patch in the
attached patch.  How about including it in the next kernel release?

Jim